From the minute I laid my eyes on El Camino bracelets, I knew I had to get my hands on one. As a traveller, naturally I love anything that helps me remember my adventures, really, I love anything travel related. El Camino’s are bracelets that allow you to commemorate your travels through collecting what they call “steps“.
A step can be a region step, a country step or small step. A region step is a coloured bead that represents each major region of the world (Ex. Africa, Antarctica, Caribbean, Asia, etc.)—there are 12 available to collect. A country step is pretty self explanatory—you can select from hundreds of different countries available which are silver beads with the country name stamped in black writing. A small step is a silver stamped bead that represents different places of interest that you may visit on your travels like the Taj Mahal, or specific states in the United States.
On top of all the beads you can collect, El Camino has a variety of colours to choose from for bracelets, and coconut spacers to separate your beads and make your bracelet your own.
What Makes Them So Great?
– 14 different bracelets to choose from (measure your wrist to make sure you get the right size)
– Several different beads to personalize your bracelet the way you want
– Great quality product that doesn’t feel like a bracelet you could’ve just made at home
– A way to remember your travels long after you’ve come back home
– Each step comes with a coconut spacer (but you can also buy extras)
– Once you collect some, you want to collect them all (okay, maybe this isn’t the greatest on your wallet)
I’m absolutely head over heels in love with my El Camino. I picked the Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos charms to commemorate my trip to Southeast Asia in December 2015—the trip that really inspired me to take my travel blog to the next level. I do find the price of these bracelets to be a bit expensive, but the poor Canadian dollar right now doesn’t help the equation, and in reality, it’s still less than Pandora charms cost. I would definitely recommend these bracelets to anyone who loves travel, or for that traveler in your life.
Other product reviews:
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary product from El Camino to conduct a review. I only recommend products that I enjoyed using, and think other travelers would benefit from. All opinions in this piece are my own and 110% honest.